Banana methi fritters which is called as ‘Kela Methi Bhajiya’ is a popular Gujarati snack served as a snack along with tea. It can also be served for breakfast.
An unusual combination of two healthy ingredients- banana and fenugreek leaves ( methi leaves) makes this snack very nutritious which gives sweet, bitter and spicy taste at the same time.
To bind everything, we are using gram flour ( besan) and wheat flour. This snack is soft inside and crispy outside. The spices added to it gives a very good spicy taste. The best is I liked the addition of grated ginger which worked well with the combination.
These fritters can be deep fried or can be poured in kuzhipaniyaram chatti too. 1 tablespoon of jaggery or sugar can be added or it can be skipped too. I made it both the ways!! There is not much taste difference as banana carries the sweetness. Use ripe bananas for good taste.
Best recipe for snack with healthy ingredients and one snack to bring different types of taste together is this Banana methi fritters.
Let’s check the recipe now❤
1 cup= 200 ml.
- Ripe banana- 2 large ( or 3 medium)
- Fenugreek leaves/ methi leaves- 1/2 cup
- Gram flour/ Besan- 3/4th cup
- Wheat flour- 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Grated ginger- 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Asafoedita powder- a pinch
- Baking soda- generous pinch
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Jaggery/Sugar- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as needed.
- Don’t skip the grated ginger. It adds good taste and flavor to it.
- Use ripe bananas for good taste.
- Fresh methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) can be used for good taste. Since I didn’t have it, I used the dried one’s.