A simple, delicious, healthy, easy to make one-pot, lunch box recipe that can be made with easily available ingredients in the kitchen is this Beetroot Pulao- Our recent favourite!!
Among all the Pulao I have made so far, this is the most favourite one as it has an attractive color along with the taste from the beetroot and flavor from the spices used.
I have used 1 cup of potatoes along with beetroot and the potatoes add good taste to the pulao. By cooking beetroot this way, kids will eat it without any problem.
This Beetroot Pulao is not sweet as the sweetness from beetroot is balanced by the spices added to the rice.
This pulao goes well with any variety of raita and it is our recent take away food wherever we go.
- Beetroot- 1 and 1/4th cup ( cubed small)
- Potato- 1 cup ( cubed small)
- Onion- 1 medium ( finely sliced lengthwise)
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Water- 3 and a half cups
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves- handful
- Coriander leaves- handful
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Green chilli- 3 ( slit lengthwise)
- Bay leaves- 2
- Cinnamon- 1 inch
- Star aniseed- 1
- Cloves- 4 to 5
- Cardamom- 2 pods.
- Use sesame oil for good taste.
- Remove it from flame after 1 whistle. Cook in medium flame.
- Use the same cup used for rice to measure the quantity of water.