Bhindi masala is a famous North Indian semi-dry curry made out of okra/ladies finger. Okra/ Ladies finger is simmered in a slightly spicy, tangy onion, tomato curry.
The flavor of this dish will definitely tempt your taste buds. Make it once at home, you will end up making it again and again!! This is not a joke. My daughter who doesn’t like ladies finger is a great fan of this dish😊
Okra/ladiesfinger is a low calorie vegetable which is rich in nutrients. It helps to control diabetes, relieve constipation, lower heart disease risk, improve immune system etc.., It has anticancer properties and packed with antioxidant properties. So making it at home has many benefits.
The masalas used in this recipe are: mix of red chilli powder with coriander powder, turmeric powder, kasoori methi, garam masala, amchur powder. Use good quality garam masala for better taste.
The yogurt used in this recipe gives a nice flavor and taste to this dish. In case, if you do not want to use yogurt, use 1 tsp of amchur powder instead of half tsp. But yogurt gives a good touch!!
Bhindi masala can be served hot with chapati/ naan, rice, jeera rice etc.., Make and enjoy this restaurant-style bhindi masala at home❤
1 cup= 200 ml.
- Okra/Ladiesfinger- 250 gms.
- Onion- 1, medium sized ( finely chopped, 1 cup)
- Tomato- 2, medium sized ( finely chopped, 1 cup)
- Ginger garlic paste- 3/4th tbsp
- Yogurt- 3 tbsp
- Green Chilli- 1 ( slit lengthwise)
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Amchur powder- 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori methi- 1/2 tsp ( crushed)
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp ( optional)
- Salt- as needed
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp.
Clean the okra well and dry it with a towel/kitchen napkin. It should be completely dry.
- Do not skimp on oil used.
- You can skip green chilli if you do not want it to be spicy.