Crispy and delicious snacks made out of bittergourd/ pavakkai which is spicy and slightly bitter that can be accompanied with masala tea or can also be used as a snack to munch in between the meals.
I got introduced to this chips from my neighbour in South Africa. She makes it almost a week and her whole family including her kids like these chips.
This is the best way to make the kids eat it bittergourd!! If you don’t like bittergourd for it’s bitterness, you will start liking it in this form. Infact, these chips are not bitter.
My neighbour who doesn’t like bittergourd couldn’t taste any bitterness in these chips and started liking them. One of the best comment I received so far!!
To make it crispy, I have used rice flour, corn flour and gram flour. I have used many spices to make it tasty. If you do not want to add many spices, just use red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt along with the mentioned flour.
Serve these chips along with hot tea/coffee. Let us check the recipe now❤
- Bittergourd/Pavakkai/Karela- 4, medium sized
- Besan flour/ gram flour- 1 and a half tbsp
- Rice flour- 1 and a half tbsp
- Corn flour- 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds powder- 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds powder- 1 tsp
- Amchur powder/ Dry mango powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Salt- as needed.
- Store it in an airtight container for future use.
- Adding more water to coat the masala with bittergourd will make it soggy. Just sprinkle water or 1 to 2 tsp of hot oil.