Let me tell you an interesting story about how I ended up making chickpea vadai. I soaked a lot of chickpeas and even after making Chole Masala, some of them were left out. I decided to sprout them out and ended up in making vadai out of them because my husband is a great lover of masala vadai. It worked out really well. Try it out!!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHICKPEAS
Chickpeas are fully packed with nutrients. They are rich in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Including them in food regularly helps to maintain healthy lifestyle and to maintain a healthy appetite.
It helps to maintain blood sugar level and the fiber in it helps to improve digestion. It also helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases, cancer, diabetes etc.,
Totally an inexpensive and tasty food with lots of health benefits.
- Brown chickpeas- 1 cup (soaked in water overnight but I sprouted them out after soaking)
- Onion- 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Ginger-1/2 inch
- Garlic pods- 2
- Green chillies- 1 big( finely chopped)
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick- small
- Cloves- 2
- Star aniseed- 1
- Asafoedita powder- little
- Salt- as needed
- Curry leaves- 10
- Coriander leaves- handful
- Don’t use water to grind the chickpeas.
- Instead of green chillies, red chillies also can be used.