Pancakes are one of the most delicious and easiest flat cakes often considered a weekend treat. It is a great dish for busy mornings. It can be made and frozen or even the batter can be frozen.
They can be made in different ways and with different ingredients and with different toppings too. This dish can be made as a sweet or a savoury dish.
Let me show how to make sweet pancakes with buttermilk and my kids love it!! It can be made in 30 minutes and so it is my favorite too
The maple syrup added on top makes it more delicious but it tastes good when plain as well.
- All purpose flour/ wheat flour- 2 cups
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Baking soda- half tsp
- salt- little
- Sugar- 4 tbsp ( 1/4 th cup)
- Buttermilk- 1 and 3/4th cup
- Vegetable oil- 4 tbsp
- Eggs- 2 large
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp (or any essence)
- Blueberries- 2 cups (Optional)
- Chocolate chips- 2 cups (Optional)
- Butter- for greasing
- Do not over mix the batter. Small lumps are fine.
- The first pancakes are mostly not proper.
- The same recipe can be made with either all-purpose or wheat flour.