Making Paratha is an ideal recipe for all the time. By adding new ingredients to it, it becomes more fun, tasty and interesting.
By adding butternut to paratha, we can intake the nutrients of butternut along with paratha. By this way, everyone in the family especially the kids can eat it without much problem. Most probably, they might ask for one more!!
Butternuts are good source of fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium. It helps in weight loss , prevents cancer and reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke. It’s very good for small kids because it helps in brain development.
This recipe is a perfect lunch box recipe and it is very easy to make. It goes well with any side dish but mostly curd and pickle is also a good choice.
1 cup= 200 ml.
The below quantity can make 10 parathas.
- Mashed butternut- 1 and a half cup
- Wheat flour- 2 and a half cups( and little extra for rolling)
- Garlic cloves- 3( finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Lemon- half
- Salt- as needed
- Oil – 2 tsp ( for kneading)
- Coriander leaves- as needed but finely chopped.
Boil or steam the butternuts by removing the skin and slicing them to cubes. Once cooked, cool them down and mash it with hands to fine paste. Drain the water left if any, before mashing.
- Water is not required to knead the dough.
- Butternut gives softness to paratha.
- It can be served with sauce too.