Carrot Kheer is an easy, healthy, rich and an all-time favourite dessert recipe. It can be made on any occasion from birthday party to normal get together with friends.
As we all know, carrots are rich in Vitamin A and they are great for good eyesight. In addition, they also help to improve the liver and kidney function, maintaining good skin, healthy teeth and they also help to fight against cancer.
We all would like to include carrots to our food regularly. Any dessert recipe out of it is toothsome!! Other than carrot halwa, carrot kheer takes a unique place in our dessert recipe!!
I have a special attachment with carrot kheer. I prepared this for my son’s 1st birthday party in Jo’burg. People who know me as a friend, will always remember my carrot kheer.
Those days, we friends used to gather the previous night to the birthday party and start cooking together. We used to prepare carrot kheer for dessert because it tastes so good and it is easy to make. This is something different from normal dessert recipe.
This became my special dish and I make this during all get togethers when I call my friends home for dinner.
With much special attachment, I thought I should write the recipe in my website too so that many can read. This tastes good when hot but it tastes awesome when it is served cold. So storing it in refrigerator gives better result.
A very good dessert for all parties!! It could be made for normal days at home too. Don’t miss making this kheer❤
- Carrots- 6 long
- Condensed milk- 1 tin ( 400 gms.)
- Cashew nuts- 50 gms. ( or 1 handful)
- Badam – 50 gms. ( or 1 handful)
- Cardamom- 1/2 tsp
- Badam, cashews, pista- chopped finely ( for garnishing)
- Saffron strands- 4 ( optional)
Clean the carrots well and peel the skin.
- Adjust water for grinding and mixing according to your consistency.
- Instead of condensed milk, 1 lt. of milk along with needed sugar can be used. Condensed milk gives better taste.
- Saffron strands can be used finally.
- I haven’t used ghee at all but if you wish to use ghee, you can roast the chopped nuts in ghee. But it tastes better without ghee.
- It tastes so good when served chilled. It is good to store it in refrigerator for 2 or 3 days.