Cheeni Avarakkai Poriyal is a very popular, easy-to-make South Indian poriyal recipe made with coconut. Cheeni Avarakkai is also called as Cluster Beans or Guar Beans.
Cheeni Avarakkai is full of nutrients. They are good source of dietary fiber which helps in digestion. Other than that, they are very good for diabetics, to resolve anaemia, to manage blood pressure, beneficial for heart health ,to make bones strong and for better blood circulation etc.., It is highly recommended during pregnancy.
This poriyal is very easy-to-make with very simple steps, less ingredients and it tastes very good. Only chopping them takes sometime. After that it will be done in 15 to 20 minutes.
Clean the cheeni avarakkai well. Cut them very fine by clipping their head and tail. However way you cook, it is really hard to make them mushy. They retain their shape very well.
Cheeni Avarakkai poriyal is a perfect side dish for rice. It tastes great when served hot with rice and sambhar, rice and rasam etc..,
This is my 150th recipe. Now let us check the recipe ❤
1 cup=200 ml.
- Cheeni Avarakkai/ Cluster Beans – 2 and a half cups ( approx. 300 gms.)
- Small onion- 10 ( chopped)
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Dry red chilli- 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Split urad dal- 3/4th tsp
- Coconut- size as shown in the picture( or grated coconut to make 1/2 cup)
- Salt- as needed.
- Use sesame oil or coconut oil for better taste.
- The red chilli powder can be increased or decreased as per your taste.