Chicken 65 is a very popular spicy, tasty and hot snack or a starter recipe originated from Hotel Buhari in Chennai. It is a treat for all chicken lovers!!
The flavor of this deep- fried chicken variety is attributed to red chilli, curry leaves and garlic.
There are many ways of making tasty chicken variety and this chicken 65 is clearly the winner because it is seasoned finally with red chilli, garlic which helps to keep the chicken soft and juicy even after hours of making.
It is done in easy steps by marinating, frying and seasoning the boneless chicken. It is an amazing party-appetizer and it could please any crowd. It can be made with breast portion of chicken though the thigh portion makes it more juicy as it is rich in high-fat content.
The most logically accepted meaning of 65 in Chicken 65 is that it was introduced and served in the Hotel Buhari, Chennai in the year 1965.
Let’s see how to make this tasty, hot, spicy restaurant-style Chicken 65 at home. It’s good to serve it hot.
To check the recipe video on making Chicken 65, click the link below:
Now let’s go to the detailed written recipe.
- Boneless chicken- 500 gms
- Corn flour- 2 full tbsp
- Rice flour- 1 full tbsp
- Curry leaves- 5 ( finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Yogurt- 2 tbsp
- Egg white- 1 ( only white)
- Red chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- as needed
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Green chilli- 2 ( slit lengthwise)
- Curry leaves- 10 to 15
- Garlic cloves- 3 ( chopped finely)
- Vinegar – 1 tsp dissolved in 2 tbsp of water
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp.
Clean the chicken well and drain the water. Chop it to slices.
- It is best to marinate for 2 to 3 hours but marination should be done for atleast 30 minutes.