Lasagna is a type of wide, flat pasta originated from Italy. It is made of flat layers of pasta stacked alternately with meat/vegetable with white sauce and cheese layers. It is baked finally.
When it comes to chicken lasagna, we are going to prepare the chicken stuffing first with onion, tomato puree, chicken broth and with spices. As I like to add mushrooms, I have added it too. In case, if you would like to avoid it, you can.
Both parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese are used in this recipe. I have used low fat cheese and low fat lasagna sheets. You can use full fat one’s if you would wish to.
Finally the tray full of alternately layered, stacked pasta sheets are baked at 180 degree celsius for 20 minutes.
It is very easy to prepare at home. Both white sauce and tomato puree can be prepared a day before or it can be bought from shop too. I used homemade one’s.
For lasagna sheets, follow the instructions if any given in the pack.
This mouth-watering chicken lasagna is creamy, cheesy!! My kids love them a lot and me too❤
- Chicken kheema- 500 gms
- Lasagna sheets- as needed ( follow the instructions if any given in the pack)
- Onion- 2 ( finely chopped)
- Tomato- 2 ( finely chopped)
- Mushroom- 5 ( sliced lengthwise)
- Tomato puree– 3/4th cup
- Tomato ketchup- 2 tbsp
- Chicken Broth– 1 and a half cup
- White sauce- 1 and a half cup
- Garlic- 1 tbsp ( finely chopped)
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Oregano- 1 tsp ( powder)
- Basil- 1 tsp ( powder)
- Red chilli flakes- 1 tsp
- Parmesan cheese- as needed ( grated)
- Mozzarella cheese- as needed ( grated)
- Salt- as needed.
- The temperature and the cooking time varies from oven to oven. Cook till it is dark brown on top.