These delicious, crispy chicken cutlets are easy to make at home which is a great party starter or a snack for evening tea/ coffee. It can also be used as a patties to make chicken burger.
I have used boneless chicken for this recipe. If using chicken with bones in it, remove the bones before shredding it. Chicken can be shredded with fork or with hands. It can be shredded using food processor too.
I have used potato to bind the chicken to make it into cutlets. I will come with many different ways of binding chicken in my next posts.
Bread crumbs can be bought from shop or it can be made at home in different ways. Corner breads can be dried out till it gets hard and can be grinded in mixer jar. Bread can be toasted and grinded in a mixer jar or fresh bread can be grinded to form bread crumbs. I used the rye bread crumbs.
These chicken cutlets can be made by deep frying, shallow frying or it can be baked too. I have shallow fried in this recipe.
To get a even color throughout the cutlet, it is always good to deep fry. But shallow fried one’s too have even golden brown color as it can be moved and fried in the corners. They are equally crisp and delicious.
Spice up the cutlets as per your taste. If you want to make it more spicy, increase the chilli powder. Garam masala can be used if you would prefer. I don’t prefer garam masala much. I haven’t used it. Amchur powder used in this recipe adds good taste to it.
Any variety of sauce goes well with chicken cutlet along with onion rings if you would prefer.
Here is a link to my video going step by step through the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlwQ9C_XoM
To make cutlet:
- Boneless chicken- 400 gms.
- Potato- 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Onion- 1 big ( finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder- 1 and a half tsp
- Amchur powder or dry mango powder- 3/4th tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Green chilli- 1 ( finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tsp plus little for boiling chicken.
- Pepper powder- 1/4th tsp
- Coriander leaves- as needed
- Salt- as needed.
Outer covering for cutlet:
- Eggs- 2
- Pepper powder- little
- Salt- little
- Bread crumbs- as needed.
- It is good to eat immediately. It can be stored in refrigerator and reheated it the next day too.
- The spices used in the recipe is very accurate but you can always increase or decrease as per your taste.
- Please go through the instructions and step-by-step process with pictures carefully.
- Half tsp of garam masala can be added.