This South Indian style chicken gravy is an aromatic, spicy, mouth-watering recipe from my mother.
My mom cooks very well. Specially the non- vegetarian foods, sambhar and avial she makes tastes awesome. This gravy which she makes along with briyani, sambhar or rasam is her special dish.
This chicken gravy is made with fresh masalas and doesn’t require any garam masala or any marination step. It is very easy to make with less effort and in less time with easy ingredients but the outcome result is yum-yum!!
The colour, flavour and the taste of this gravy will definitely make you cook this again and again. Not only the chicken in this recipe, even the gravy will be mouth-watering.
This goes well with any kind of pulao, briyani, naan, chapathi, sambhar rice, rasam rice, lemon rice, dosa etc..,❤
- Chicken with bones- 700 gms ( I have cleaned the chicken with turmeric and salt)
- Onions- 2 ( big, sliced thin lengthwise)
- Tomato – 3 ( medium sized,finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 1 and a half tbsp
- Curry leaves- 15 to 20
- Coconut milk- 1/2 bowl ( thick)
- Salt- as required
- Coriander leaves- handful.
Roasted and to be grinded:
- Pepper seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp.
Clean the chicken well and clean again with turmeric powder and salt.
- If you want to reduce the spice, you can use 1 tbsp of chilli powder.