This chicken kulambu recipe is a typical Tamil Nadu style of making. It is very famous in my hometown. An aromatic and spicy recipe!!. You can reduce the spice if you want to.
This recipe is very easy and quick to make that even bachelors and first timers can make it without any problem. It is made with coconut and the coconut enriches the taste of the kulambu( curry).
I cook mostly this way when I want to make some chicken dish quick and easy but also tasty, mostly for Saturday nights.
It goes well with rice, dosa, idli, paratha, naan etc.,
- Chicken- 1 kg ( I have used leg piece but mixed pieces of chicken with bone can be used)
- Onion- 10 small and 1 medium sized chopped finely
- Tomato- 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Coconut milk- 1 full cup ( grinded coconut paste also can be used)
- Chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 2 tbsp
- Pepper- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tbsp powdered
- Cinnamon- 1 inch
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cloves- 5
- Curry leaves- 15
- Coriander leaves – little
- Salt- as needed
Clean the chicken pieces well with water before starting to cook.
- Coconut can also be grinded to smooth paste and added instead of coconut milk
- If you want it to be less spicy, reduce the spices.