Chilli Chicken is a very popular, tasty Indo- Chinese dish of chicken which is served as a starter or as a chicken appetizer in most of the restaurants, parties etc.., It can be served along with fried rice or fried noodles too.
Chilli chicken is a deep fried crispy chicken which is sweet, spicy and slightly sour in taste prepared with onion, bell pepper, garlic, green chillies, spring onions and a combination of sauces ( tomato ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and chilli sauce)
The green chillies I used gave good spice to the chicken. You could skip it if you didn’t want the dish to be spicy. Regarding sauce, use good quality for good color and taste. We are using only egg white for this recipe.
This dish is very simple to make if the steps are understood and followed properly. Marinate the chicken with corn flour, all-purpose flour/maida, ginger garlic paste, egg white, pepper, soy sauce and salt.
After marination, we are going to deep fry them to a good golden brown color. Then these crispy chicken pieces are sauted with garlic, green chili,onion, bell pepper along with the combination of sauces.
Finally I have added corn flour slurry which combines everything well and gives a good glossy sheen. This step can be avoided if you do not prefer it.
So far, I have explained how to make it and now let us check the step-by-step pictures of making this tasty, crispy Chilli Chicken❤
- Boneless chicken- 375 gms. ( cut to 1 inch pieces)
- Corn flour- 1 and a half tbsp
- All-purpose flour/ maida- 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Egg White- 1
- Soy Sauce- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as needed.
- Onion- 1 medium sized ( diced)
- Green pepper- 1 medium sized ( diced)
- Garlic- 4 cloves ( slit lengthwise)
- Green Chilli- 2 ( slit lengthwise)
- Spring Onion- 3 scallions(white and green portion chopped separate)
- Soy Sauce- 1 and a half tbsp
- Vinegar- 1 and a half tsp
- Tomato Ketchup- 2 and a half tbsp
- Chilli Sauce- 2 tbsp
- Cornflour slurry- 1 tbsp of corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp of water.
Clean the chicken well and cut it into 1 inch pieces. Dice the onions and green bell pepper as shown in the picture. Slit garlic, green chilli lengthwise. Chop the spring onions and separate into white and green portion.
- Diced onion and green bell pepper should be crunchy even after sauting.