Spinach Paneer puff pastry is a super easy, delicious snack or a meal at any part of the day that carries the flavors of spinach, paneer along with garlic and Italian herbs, cooked in fresh cream which is wrapped inside puff pastry and baked till golden.
When I mentioned about ‘meal at any part of the day’, I made this for dinner last night which was quite stomach-filling and it satisfied our tastebuds too!!
We are not using any Indian masalas in this recipe. Just I wanted to try it out with Italian herbs, white pepper (black pepper can be used too), garlic salt and fresh cream. The outcome result was extraordinary which we all enjoyed and the meal turned to be healthy too!!
The cooking process is very simple with limited steps though it looks like it has many ingredients. If you do not have basil, parsley, oregano, thyme separate you can always use mixed Italian herbs. If you do not have garlic salt, finely chop one or two garlic cloves and use it.
Highly recommended recipe if you want to surprise your guests or family members with something new and this is my innovation😊
Let us check the recipe of this delicious, stomach-filling, perfect creamy spinach paneer puff pastry❤
- Puff pastry- 1 sheet (to make 9 puffs)
- Onion- 1, medium sized ( finely chopped)
- Spinach- 150 gms. ( finely chopped)
- Paneer- 200 gms. ( grated or crumbled)
- Green chilli- 1, finely chopped ( optional)
- White pepper- 1/4th tsp ( black pepper can be used too)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (finely chopped)
- Fresh cream- 100 ml.
- All-purpose flour/ wheat flour- 1 tbsp
- Garlic salt- 1/2 tsp
- Oregano, parsley, basil, thyme- to make 1 tsp ( mixed Italian herbs can be used too)
- Egg- 1
- Salt- as needed.
Either grate or crumble paneer and keep it ready.
Finely chop the onions, garlic cloves, green chilli and spinach.
If the pastry sheet is frozen, keep it out of the freezer one hour before cooking.
- You can increase the quantity of spinach. 200 gms. of spinach can be used.
- If you do not have garlic salt, slice one or two garlic cloves to very fine and use it.
- Green chilli is optional. Skip it if you want to.
- Both white pepper and black pepper can be used.
- Either all-purpose flour or wheat flour can be used.