Fried rice is a combination of long grained rice stir-fried in a wok or frying pan with a mixture of vegetables, meat and scrambled egg mixed together!! It can also be made with jasmine rice. This is a very famous Chinese take-away dish.
This easy stir-fried dish turns the plain white rice into flavorful grains lightly seasoned with soya sauce and topped with colorful veggies.
The leftover rice from the previous day can be used. If using the fresh rice, make sure it’s cooled down before adding. I have used fresh chopped vegetables for this fried rice but if you have frozen vegetables, they can be used too.
A big bowl of Chinese Fried rice is not only colorful but it is also nutritious because of the addition of many vegetables and egg.
It is best served with Indo-Chinese gravy style dishes like chicken and vegetable manchurian or even with spicy, hot schwezan sauce. If it’s me, I would prefer to eat it without any side dish.
1 big bowl= 450 ml.
- Cooked Basmati rice- 5 cups
- Eggs- 3
- Onion- 1 medium sized ( finely chopped)
- Spring Onion- 5 ( scallion and shallot finely chopped)
- Vegetables- 1 big bowl ( 1 carrot, 3/4th cup of green beans, 1/2 cup of sweet corn, 1/2 cup of peas) finely chopped
- Garlic cloves – 3 ( finely chopped)
- Sesame seeds- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce- 3 tbsp
- Salt- as needed.
Cook the rice, drain the water and let it cool for sometime. Chop the vegetables and keep it ready. Frozen vegetables can be used.
- Use the vegetables of your choice.
- You can skip the eggs and increase the vegetables if you prefer.
- Jasmine rice can be used.