This succulent green beans in mildly spiced peanut masala is an every day, simple side dish for rice, chapati, dosa etc.., which is a good treat for taste buds.
Green beans are low calorie food but also rich in nutrients. It’s rich in Vitamin C and fiber. It helps in digestion. It’s good for glowing skin, bones and hair. These green beans are packed full of vital minerals.
With many health benefits, it is always good to make them at home atleast twice a week. My kids were not liking them much in the beginning though my husband loves all green veggies. So I had to find a way to make them eat!!
When I found this recipe and started to cook it this way, there was no debate about eating. They both used to finish it off without any problem. Just check it you are not allergic to peanuts.
This is a best side dish for any combination with rice. This with chapati and raita is the best combination. Make it once!! You will end up making it again and again!!❤
- Green Beans- 400 gms.( finely chopped)
- Onion- 1 medium ( finely chopped, 1 cup)
- Tomato- 1 medium ( finely chopped, 3/4th cup)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 15
- Chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 1 tbsp
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Salt- as needed
- Mustard seeds- 1/4th tsp
- Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves- as needed.
Roast and grind:
- Peanuts- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp.
- Using sesame oil gives good taste.
- If using small onions, use 15 to 18.