Green Moongdal Omelette is a vegetarian omelette recipe which is completely nutritious and can be had for breakfast or as a tasty snack too.
After my moong dal idli, moong dal muffins, pesarattu ( moong dal dosa), this is my omelette recipe out of it, inspired by “Moonglet”, a famous streetfood in Delhi. I have tried in a similar way but with green moong dal. I will write the Moonglet recipe soon.
Green Moongdal is liked by everyone at home. I make sure I cook them at home atleast twice a week as they are highly nutritious which boosts blood circulation, improves digestion, heart health, helps in weight loss, high in protein content etc..,
As I mentioned in the beginning, this is perfect for breakfast or as a snack but I prepared this at home for dinner twice or thrice. It is stomach filling too. Serve it with sauce and salad.
I have used sprouted green moong dal in this recipe as I had it at home. Normal moong dal cleaned well and soaked in water for three to four hours can be used.
Let us check the recipe now❤
- Moong dal- 1 cup ( heaped)
- Onion- 1 to 2 tbsp ( very finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1 to 2 tbsp ( very finely chopped)
- Carrot- 1 to 2 tbsp ( very finely chopped)
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger- 1/4th inch
- Green chilli- 1
- Curry leaves- 7
- Eno- 1/2 tsp ( if you have blue colour eno bottle, go for it)
- Salt- as needed
- Coriander leaves- little ( finely chopped).
Clean the moong dal well and soak it in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- In addition to carrot, you can use your favourite vegetables. Capsicum, sweet corn can be used too.