Baking bread at home is an art!! Making it at every step gives excitement. This requires patience at every step and it’s simple and easy to bake. Once you learn how to bake bread at home, definitely you will not like to eat the one from shop🍞
I have tried many ways to bake bread at home and the recipe I have shared today gives good result. But be careful about the measurements. Even my kids used to bake with this recipe most times.
Let me explain the steps. We are going to make the yeast to activate, knead the dough and make it rise in three steps before baking it. Kneading the dough well is more important because this step is going to activate the yeast which will give good result. It’s good to knead with hand. Kitchen aid can be used though.
I have used dry yeast for this recipe. I have mentioned the ratio of measurement for instant yeast, dry yeast and fresh yeast in the tips below. Please go through it carefully.
Let us check the recipe for the bread. Please go through the step-by-step process.
- Bread flour/ All-purpose flour- 4 cups plus half cup
- Warm water- one and three-fourth cup
- Melted butter- 2 tbsp plus a little
- Dry Yeast- 11 gms.
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp.
First step is to activate the yeast.
- 1 tsp of instant yeast= 1 and 1/4th tsp of dry yeast= 1/2 block ( 0.6 ounce size) fresh yeast. Use this for yeast ratio when using different types of yeast.
- Kneading the dough should be done from outer surface to inside. Always stretch knead from outside to inside to make it like a ball.