This recipe of strawberry cake is slightly different from the Strawberry Wheat flour Cake, I have shared before. It is full of fresh strawberry flavor and the cake is very moist and sweet.
The real motivation behind this cake is my daughter Adina. She wanted me to bake this cake for her 10th birthday. She wanted the cake to be made out of strawberry puree so that the cake is full of strawberries. So this is her idea basically!!
The best part of this cake is making the strawberry reduction. The rich aroma from strawberries when making puree out of them will tempt you for sure. Wait for the strawberry season to bake it to get the full sweetness and flavor.
As I made this for my daughter’s birthday , I added red food color to the cake batter. Please skip it if you do not prefer. I will post a separate recipe for the icing.
- Strawberry puree- 1 cup
- All-purpose flour- 2 and a half cups
- Sour Cream- 1 cup
- Eggs- 4
- Butter- 1/2 cup ( melted)
- Sugar- 1 and a half cup ( powder the sugar)
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp
- Essence- 1 tsp ( any essence or lemon zest too can be used)
- Red food color or pink food color- 7 to 9 drops
To make strawberry puree:
To bake the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius for 10 to 15 minutes.
- The baking time varies from oven to oven.
- Use strawberries full of sweet and flavor for better result.