Mango Mastani is a very popular street food dessert drink which originated in Pune and it is popular throughout India now. The drink named after Queen Mastani, who was the second wife of Peshwa Bajirao, a famous Peshwa ruler.
The drink is nothing but mango milkshake assembled in a tall glass of mango pieces, nuts topped with ice cream and glazed cherry. The more you add nuts, the more it adds crunchiness to the drink. So don’t skimp on nuts!!
I have used Alphonso mangoes as it is the only sweet variety we get here in Denmark. You can always use any variety of mango which is very sweet. Just wait for the mangoes to ripe. Though tinned mango pulp can be used, fresh one’s give good taste and flavor.
When coming to ice cream, normally it is made with vanilla (the most preferred), though you can top it with mango ice cream too. But don’t use any other flavor as the flavor of other ice creams will dominate the mangoes.
All it takes is just 15 minutes to prepare this rich, decadent mango drink at home. It is a delight for the whole family. So don’t miss this one when mangoes are in season❤
The below quantity serves 2 glasses.
1 cup= 200 ml.
- Cubed mango pieces- 1 cup
- Vanilla ice cream- 2 scoops
- Chilled milk- 1 cup.
For 1 serve:
- 3 tbsp of cut mango pieces
- 2 tbsp of chopped mixed nuts ( pistachios, almonds, cashews)
- Half of the prepared milkshake
- 1 scoop of vanilla icecream
- 1 glazed cherry.
Peel the skin of the mangoes and cut it into small cubes.
Chop the pistachios, almonds and cashews. Chopping them thin equally lengthwise gives good look to the drink.
- Use chilled milk.
- Vanilla ice cream is the most preferred. You can use mango ice cream for intense flavor.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar if mangoes are not ripe and sweet.