I think you would have got me by now? I would like to squeeze as many mango recipes possible before the season ends!!
Simple, elegant, delicious, soft, extremely moist, dense!!- these are the words I would like to use to describe this Mango tea cake🥭 These tea cakes are so moist and soft that you won’t know eggs aren’t used in this recipe.
When wheat flour is used in a recipe, the batter becomes thick as the flour absorbs more water. So don’t be worried to work with a thick batter. It results in dense cakes making it perfect for evening tea time or as a bread for breakfast. You can always substitute wheat flour with all-purpose flour if you would prefer.
I had one big Alphoso variety mango left out at home and it was ripened. I decided to make cake out of them but I wanted to use less sugar, so I ended up with mango tea cakes!!
The cake is made with fresh mango pulp and with some pieces of mango making it a fresh fruit tea cake. When baking, the rich aroma from mango pulp used, smells divine and fills the kitchen!!
I have used some walnuts and if you have some pistas with you, go with it. Mango and pista combined together gives a good color combination and taste too.
Made with fresh fruit pulp, eggless, wheat flour used makes this cake healthy, interesting to make and delicious to taste!!
Not to wait and let us check the recipe of this perfect Mango Tea Cakes❤
1 cup= 200 ml.
- Mango Pulp- 3/4 th cup
- Wheat flour- 2 cups+ little to coat the mango pieces
- Sour cream- 3/4th cup
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar- 1/2 cup
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Cut mango pieces- 3 tbsp ( you can use little more if you want)
- Walnuts- 8
Peel the skin from the mangoes. Cut it into pieces. Add it into a mixer and blend till smooth to get mango pulp.
Roast the walnuts in a pan in medium flame till it is roasted.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- I didn’t use any food color. If you want to use yellow food color, you can. But it is not required.
- The mangoes used should be sweet, juicy and ripe. Alphonso mangoes are the best.
- 1 more tbsp of sour cream can be used if you feel batter is very thick.
- All-purpose flour can be used in place of wheat flour.
- The reason behind using oil instead of butter is oil gives soft, moist cakes when compared to butter.
- Full fat Greek yogurt is the closest substitute for sour cream if you didn’t get it.
- You can store these tea cakes in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days. It can stay inside refrigerator in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.
- Baking time varies from oven to oven and it also depends on the sweetness of the mango used. Keep an eye on the oven after 40 minutes.