This is the best, tasty and easy way to eat idli other than the normal idli sambhar and idli chutney!!
Normally whenever I make idlis, I used to have leftover from previous night or from the morning. There are many recipes to make from leftover idli’s.
This is the best recipe to refresh those leftover idli’s with onion, tomato, spices along with idli podi. The total preparation time is 15 to 20 minutes.
Masala idli can be made with leftover idli’s or fresh one’s too. I have shared separate instruction for using both when making this recipe. Please go through the step-by-step picture along with instructions below.
This is perfect for breakfast, evening snacks along with tea/coffee, best lunch box dish for kids or a simple, quick dinner for the whole family.
The below measurement is perfect for 4 people.
- Idli- 12
- Onion- 2 ( medium sized, finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1 ( big, finely chopped)
- Green chilli- 1 (big, finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Garlic- 3 cloves ( finely chopped)
- Cumin- 1 tsp
- Chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 1 tbsp
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Idli podi- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 10
- Salt- as needed
- Coriander leaves- little.
- Use sesame oil or coconut oil for better taste.
- The spice can be increased or decreased.
- Idli podi gives good taste to this recipe.