Pulao is a one-pot Indian rice dish made normally with long-grained rice which is flavored with other spices. It is a comfort food which can be prepared quick whenever we are in hurry.
There are many variations in pulao- paneer pulao, beetroot pulao, veg pulao, peas pulao, shrimp pulao, chicken pulao and many others…. Masala veg pulao is one among them.
As the name suggests, we are going to cook the vegetables along with basmati rice, spices and masalas in a pressure cooker. When I said about vegetables, I have used those available normally in kitchen.
Though any rice variety can be used for pulao recipe, basmati rice tastes so perfect and it adds to the flavor too. So I highly recommend using basmati rice!! Soaking the rice in water for 30 minutes is a must.
I should add something here- when the pulao is getting pressure cooked, the rich aroma from the spices and masalas used will leave you hungry for sure!! Definitely, you are going to be tempted😊
If you do not want to pressure cook it, you can cook it in a pot covered with lid on. Just add half cup extra water more than mentioned in pressure cooking method.
This pulao just takes 30 minutes for the whole process making it a easy lunch or a lunch box recipe. Any raita- onion raita, boondhi raita, cucumber raita etc.., goes well with masala pulao.
Let us check the recipe of aromatic, mouth-watering, one-pot masala veg pulao❤
- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Onion- 1, medium sized ( finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1, medium sized ( finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 3/4th tbsp
- Green chilli- 1, slit lengthwise
- Green peas- 4 tbsp
- Carrot- 1 ( sliced to small)
- Potato- 1/2 potato ( sliced to small pieces)
- Red chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Fennel seeds powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Amchur powder- 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Kasoori methi- 1 tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Cinnamon stick- 1 inch
- Cloves- 3
- Cardamom pods- 2
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Salt- as needed
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp.
- Ghee can be used in the place of oil.
- Any vegetables of your choice can be used.
- Do not crowd the pulao with more vegetables.
- Use the same cup used to measure rice to measure water.