These nuts and dates ladoos are so easy to make with very healthy and limited ingredients which takes very less time for preparation. The whole procedure of making these ladoos takes only 15 minutes.
You can use any type of nuts- walnuts, almonds, pecan nuts, cashew nuts or pistachios etc.., You can even add pumpkin seeds, peanuts, dried figs too…
Nuts are good source of fat, fiber and protein. They are loaded with antioxidants. They help in weight loss though they are considered as high-calorie food.
I have included coconut( desiccated ones) since it is rich in calcium. If using fresh coconut, it should be roasted well in ghee.
I have used poppy seeds as it adds a good flavor and packed with nutrients. Adding calcium-packed and fiber-rich sesame seeds makes it more healthy.
The immense benefits of nuts and high iron content, brain booster dates makes these ladoos as high ‘energy balls’. They are the best snacks to be given to kids.
I make these naturally sweetened ladoos regularly at home!!
To check the video of making Dates and Nuts Ladoo (this recipe has more dates and less nuts used), click the link below:
The below quantity can make approximately 10 medium sized ladoos.
- Soft dates- 1 cup( seedless one, if using seeded dates remove the seeds from them)
- Almonds- 1/3rd cup ( chopped)
- Cashew nuts- 1/3rd cup ( chopped)
- Walnuts- 1/3rd cup ( chopped)
- Grated Coconut- 1/4th cup ( I have used desiccated ones)
- Sesame seeds- 3 tsp
- Poppy seeds- 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder- 1/4th tsp
Use soft dates.
- Any nuts of your choice can be used.
- Use soft dates. Remove the seeds if using the seeded dates.