Extremely Delicious!! – simple way of describing these Oatmeal Banana Muffins. They are not only tasty but also very easy and quick to make which results in a soft, moist, tasty muffins.
These muffins are made up of oatmeal and banana. We are not using any all-purpose flour or wheat flour. Indeed very healthy recipe for the whole family😊
Bananas add natural sweetness to these muffins. In addition I have used honey to add some extra sweetness. So, muffins with oatmeal, banana and honey- sounds great, right!!
The muffins are little crunchier on the top and soft inside. U could feel the bit of oatmeal in every bite. The oil used keeps the muffins moist.
Chocolate chips, some oats, chopped nuts can be used to decorate on top and baked which adds to the taste of the muffins and also gives a good party look. I haven’t added them as I wanted to stick with the original recipe.
Let us check the recipe of this delicious, morning treat or an anytime snack Oatmeal Banana Muffins❤
- Oatmeal- 1 and a half cup
- Powdered oats/oats flour- 1 cup
- Ripened banana- 2 large
- Egg- 2
- Buttermilk- 3/4th cup
- Oil- 1/4th cup
- Honey- 4 tbsp ( 2 more tbsp can be used)
- Cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg- pinch ( optional)
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp.
Throughout the process of making, gentle whisking till combined is enough.
To make powdered oats, grind oatmeal to fine powder in mixer or use oats flour from shop.
Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius for 10 to 15 minutes.
Use only ripened bananas for this recipe.
- Baking time varies from oven to oven and it also depends on the sweetness from bananas used. So keep an eye on the oven.
- Store these muffins in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days in refrigerator. Warming up a little before serving tastes much better though it can served cold too.
- Cinnamon powder and nutmeg are optional. But using them gives good flavour. Atleast check if you could get cinnamon powder.
- You can always combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix it with wet ingredients too.