There is nothing quite comforting like a batch of homemade oatmeal cookies. Do you like all oatmeal recipes? If the answer is ‘yes’, like me, then this is the recipe for you.
These cookies are crunchy outside and soft, chewy inside making it an ideal recipe though we haven’t used any baking soda or baking powder. This is one of those interesting recipes!!
Creaming the butter to light and fluffy forms the first part. Then beating the white part of egg to fluffy gives puffiness to the cookies. Then the process is quite normal. The combination of light brown sugar and white sugar make the cookies soft, chewy and gives it a light caramel flavor.
This is my favorite recipe as the whole cookies is full of oatmeal. You can always substitute a little portion of oatmeal with raisins, chocolate chips, nuts etc.., I will mention about this in ingredients.
You will never go wrong with this recipe for sure. Definitely this will turn out as one among your favorite cookie recipe. Store it in an airtight container for future use.
This is my all-time favorite oatmeal cookies❤
- Unsalted butter- 50 gms. ( room temperature)
- Rolled oats- 170 gms. ( you can always replace 20 gms. of the mentioned quantity with chocolate chips, raisins, nuts etc..,)
- White sugar- 40 gms.
- Light brown sugar- 60 gms.
- Egg- 1
- All-purpose flour- 50 gms.
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp.
Note that all the ingredients should be in room temperature.
Always increase the speed of the electric hand beater from low to high.
Preheat the oven to 150 degree Celsius for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use rolled oats.
- Do not use dark brown sugar as it will make the cookies more caramel-y.
- Store it in an airtight container for future use.