Creamy chicken along with rice cooked in just one-pan with minimal ingredients and with minimal preparation!! Trust me, the whole family will finish this with nothing left out!!
Best recipe for the weekend with less effort and there is no compensation in taste and flavor. Along with chicken, we are going to add carrot, spring onion, chicken broth, garlic, herbs, paprika, pepper etc.., to this recipe which gives rich aroma to the rice.
The chicken broth used in this recipe can be bought from shop or it can be made at home. Preparation of chicken broth at home is quite very easy. It can be prepared and stored in refrigerator for later use too. I have attached the link for the preparation of chicken broth below.
Chicken with bones and skin on it gives good taste and good look. It’s best to use thigh portion of the chicken.
The whole preparation takes only 30 minutes if you have all the ingredients ready. Just you need a big pan or a big pot. Any rice of your choice can be used. If using brown rice, it might take 10 more minutes to cook. I have used boiled white rice for this recipe.
The fresh cream which is added finally makes the chicken and the rice creamy!! This adds good taste to this recipe.
Let’s see the first look for this recipe❤
- Chicken thigh pieces- 4 ( with bone and skin)
- Rice- 1 cup
- Chicken Broth– 2 and a half cup ( low sodium one)
- Fresh cream- 1/4th cup
- Carrot- 1 cup ( diced)
- Spring onion white- 3/4th cup
- Spring onion green- 3/4th cup
- Garlic cloves- 2 ( finely chopped)
- Paprika- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Dried Oregano- 1/4th tsp
- Dried basil- 1/4th tsp
- Dried thyme- 1/4th tsp
- Dried rosemary- 1/4th tsp
- Garlic salt- 1 tsp
- Parsley or coriander leaves- handful
- Salt- as needed.
Clean the chicken thighs well . Make a slit at 2 to 3 places on top of the chicken.
- If using basmati rice, be careful with the quantity of broth used. Otherwise the rice might turn sticky.
- Cook the rice covered in low flame. Open and stir now and then. Otherwise there is a chance of rice getting burnt at the bottom.
- If you don’t have the herbs( rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano) individually, use 1 tsp of mixed Italian herbs.