This Orange cake is extremely moist, soft delicious which is crowd-pleasing on any occasion🍊🎂. It’s all about Orange here!! Yes, every part of the orange, except seeds are used in this cake- orange peel, pulp and juice.
I was thinking about this recipe for a long time as I always like to make cakes out of fresh fruit. It’s not only healthy but these cakes are simply mouth-watering as they carry the taste and flavor from the fruit used.
Just like my Apple cake and Banana cake, the entire house was filled with the rich citrus flavor from orange when I was baking this cake. I had to add one more to it, every bite of the cake will remember you orange as I haven’t used anyother essence other than orange zest.
I would like to add one tip here, try to use organic, sweet and juicy, fresh oranges to make cakes out of it especially when orange is in season.
We are using oil as it makes the cake super moist. You can always substitute it with melted butter. Coming to the flour, both all-purpose flour or wheat flour can be used.
These soft, tender cakes that are bursting with orange flavor are best for dessert and it can accompany as a teatime snack too.
Let’s move into the recipe now❤
1 cup= 200 ml.
- Egg- 2
- All-purpose flour (or)Wheat flour- 2 cups
- Fresh orange juice- 1/2 cup
- Orange pulp- from 1 orange which makes 3/4th cup
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Orange zest- from 1 orange which makes 1 tbsp
- Milk- 1/2 cup ( 100 ml.)
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp.
Clean the orange well and grate it’s skin to make orange zest.
Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Baking time varies from oven to oven. Keep an eye on the oven after 35 minutes.
- Oil can be replaced with melted butter.
- Both all-purpose flour or wheat flour can be used.
- Use organic, sweet, juicy and fresh oranges for good taste.