This one-pan chicken is easy to do, tasty recipe during hectic times. It keeps the kitchen clean and not much cleaning to do with utensils after preparation.
Normally on Saturday nights, we do our shopping and bring fresh chicken home at night. Instead of storing it in refrigerator, I prefer to make one-pan recipes at home. They are the recent hit here!!
I have used my recipe ‘Baked Chicken with Vegetables‘ for this pan seared one. I have used the same ingredients and same marination methods.
This chicken will be little sweet because we have marinated with brown sugar. But the final taste is mouth-watering. Brown sugar also gives a nice crust for the chicken.
I made it in two ways- one in non-stick pan and the other in an iron cast pan. I have shown you the non-stick pan recipe. Please go through the step-by-step process.
When you make this in an iron cast pan, make sure to add chopped garlic after the chicken is half cooked. Rest process is the same. Chicken in iron cast pan gives a very good brown colour on top.
It is good to use the breast portion of chicken with skin on top. Adding vegetables to it makes it a complete meal.
Let us check this easy, tasty, 30 minute, one-pan recipe.
The below quantity serves 2 people.
- Chicken breast- 2
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp on pan
- Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Garlic- 2 cloves ( finely chopped)
- Brown sugar- 1 tbsp
- Thyme- 3/4th tsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as needed
- Onion- 1 ( diced and separated)
- Mushroom – 2 big ( cut lengthwise)
- Broccoli- 3 florets ( cut and separated).
Clean the chicken well. Remove the left out hair on top.
- Any choice of your preferred vegetables can be used.
- Do not burn the chicken. Keep on moving it with kitchen tong and cook it in low to medium flame.
- Please go through the full explanation above.