Quick, Healthy and Flavorful- a short way to explain about this dish!! If you are looking for an easy, quick weekend dinner with less ingredients but also healthy, then you have found out the dish!!
This one pan lemony garlic butter salmon with asparagus doesn’t require any marination. The whole dish can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. Salmon and asparagus doesn’t take much time to cook.
Salmon fillets are pan-seared to flaky perfection and tossed with asparagus along with lemon garlic butter sauce.
I have used my own previous recipe Baked Lemony Salmon with Asparagus for this pan seared one (Here is my Baked Salmon with Asparagus recipe). I have explained how to pan fry the perfect salmon with its skin on without getting stuck.
Anytime and at any part of the day, I make this healthy salmon with asparagus at home, my family would be ready to have this low-carb, protein-rich combination.
This goes well with mashed potatoes and spinach.
- Salmon fillet- 3 pieces
- Asparagus- 1 bunch ( 20 to 25 stems)
- Butter- 1 tbsp plus little extra
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper- 1/4th tsp
- Italian herbs- 1/2 tsp
- Garlic cloves- 2 ( finely chopped)
- Parsley or coriander leaves- little
- Lemon- 1
- Salt- as needed.
Clean the fish well and remove the scales.
- Salmon and asparagus can be cooked together too if you have a big pan. The cooking time for both is the same.
- Heavy bottomed pan gives best results.