Idli’s are soft, fluffy steamed cakes made out of rice and lentils. This is the healthiest recipe from South India though it is common now everywhere.
The plain idli’s are very tasty- I have some friends who eat just idli even without any side dish. When these idlis are stuffed with something inside, it is going to be very delicious!!
This is very different and mouth-watering recipe!! Cooked paneer, vegetables along with onion, ginger, garlic and sauce is stuffed inside idli batter and steamed. The outcome is simply yummy!!
This is best for breakfast or as a evening snack along with coffee or tea. This tastes very good by itself and it goes well with idli podi, any kind of chutney or sambhar.
The below quantity can make approximately 24 idlis.
- Idli batter- as required
- Paneer- 1 full cup ( shredded)
- Onion- 1 cup ( chopped finely)
- Carrot- 1/2 cup ( 1 big chopped finely)
- Capsicum- 3/4th cup ( chopped finely)
- Spring Onion Green- 1/4th cup ( chopped finely)
- Ginger- 1 tsp (chopped very fine)
- Garlic- 1 tsp ( chopped very fine)
- Green chilli- 1 ( chopped very fine)
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce- 1 and a half tbsp
- Salt- as needed.
- You can use any color of capsicum. Green capsicum is also fine.