Paneer bhurji is a popular North Indian dish. Bhurji means ‘scrambled’ and here paneer bhurji means scrambled Indian Cottage Cheese with onion, tomato, ginger garlic paste, green chilli along with Indian spices.
Paneer bhurji is very easy and quick to prepare. The whole preparation process takes just 15 minutes and you have mouth-watering, aromatic paneer bhurji on plate.
Just make sure to chop onion, tomato, green chilli very fine and to combine the spices well. Both homemade and store-bought paneer can be used. If you are buying from out, make sure of the best quality.
Though it is a North Indian dish, adding curry leaves gives bhurji a nice flavour. Skip it if you do not prefer.
Paneer bhurji goes well with chapati, roti. It also goes well when stuffed inside bread slices as sandwich and also when stuffed inside dosa to make paneer bhurji dosa.
With so many options, get ready to make it!!
To check the video of making it, follow the link below:
- Paneer- 200 gms. ( either grated or crumbled)
- Onion- 1 medium sized ( very finely chopped)
- Tomato- 1 medium sized (very finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Green chilli- 1 ( very finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 8 to 9 (chopped, optional)
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Amchur powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as needed
- Coriander leaves- 1 or 2 tbsp ( finely chopped)
Chop onion, tomato, green chilli to very fine.
Either grated or crumbled paneer.
- Using amchur powder gives good taste. So do not skip it. If you do not have amchur powder, add one more tomato.