Yet another one tray chicken recipe with rice!! But this time, we are going to bake everything together. Appears very interesting right? I too was super excited when I started to make it and the outcome result was just awesome and delicious❤
Are you tired of chopping many ingredients to cook???? Are you tired of cleaning dishes???? Are you tired with the same cooking method or with the same masalas used???? If you are ready for a change in cooking or a change of taste, just go for it!!
Choose chicken thighs or chicken legs for this recipe as it is very juicy. But if you would prefer to use any other portion of chicken, you can. Decide the size of the chicken pieces as per your wish. I have used big pieces.
Using chicken broth to cook the rice adds good flavor to it. This can be made at home a day before or just before starting to make this recipe. I have attached the recipe for homemade chicken broth. It can be bought from shop too.
The proportion of chicken broth to rice depends on the type of rice you choose. I have used Indian ponni rice for this recipe. You can go ahead with basmati rice, jasmine rice, brown rice or anyother variety of rice.
The chicken is marinated in sweet chilli sauce, paprika powder, soya sauce and brown sugar. Do not avoid brown sugar. Using dark brown sugar gives the caramelized effect on chicken.
With many suggestions, introduction let us get into the recipe.
- Chicken piece- 4 ( I have removed the skin)
- Onion- 1 ( cut into wedges)
- Rice- 1 and 1/4th cup
- Chicken Broth- 2 and 1/4th cup
- Garlic clove- 1
- Fried onion- as needed ( to garnish)
- Coriander leaves- as needed ( to garnish)
- Olive oil- as needed
- Sweet Chilli sauce- 1 and a half tbsp
- Soya Sauce- 1 and a half tbsp
- Paprika powder- 1 to 1 and a half tsp
- Garlic salt- half tsp
- Dark brown sugar- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as needed.
- Please go through the instructions and the procedure well.
- The baking part takes place in two steps. Keep a note on it.
- The baking time will vary from oven to oven.
- If you don’t have garlic salt, you can use very finely chopped garlic.