Pizza doesn’t need much introduction. Mostly, we all would be pizza lover’s!! You will not regret to make pizza at home because when making them becomes this easy with less ingredients.
I really enjoy making them at home because it is healthy when we are making it in our presence. Definitely you are going to skip pizza delivery when you learn to make it.
Making pizza dough is the base and every great pizza begins with a great pizza crust. There are two kinds of pizzas- thin and crunchy one; thick and soft pizza base.
By this method, you will end up with one medium thick and soft pizza of 8 slices. If you are going to divide the dough, then you will end up in two thin crust pizzas.
The best part is when we learn to make them at home, we can decide our own toppings. Once I divided the dough and made one veg pizza and one non-veg pizza.
I have explained the procedure with detailed pictures to make pizza base and pizza margherita with vegetarian topping.
Please go through the step-by-step procedure with pictures and make them at home❤
1 cup = 250 ml.
- All-purpose flour- 2 and a half cups ( I have used 1 cup all-purpose flour and one and a half cup of wheat flour) plus little extra flour
- Warm water- 1 cup (add only as needed)
- Instant yeast- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 2 tsp
- Salt- 3/4th to 1 tsp (or add as needed)
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp plus 1 tbsp.
- Onion- 1/2 ( sliced lengthwise)
- Tomato puree– 3/4th cup ( tomato sauce, pizza sauce can be used)
- Brocolli- 5 florets ( sliced lengthwise)
- Mushroom- 5 ( sliced lengthwise)
- Avacado- 3/4 ( sliced lengthwise)
- Red chilli flakes- 1/2 tsp
- Mixed italian herbs- 1 tsp
- Pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Garlic cloves- 2 ( chopped finely)
- Salt- as needed
- Mozzarella cheese- 1and a half cup ( you can increase or decrease it)
Making the pizza:
- The quantity of cheese can be increased or decreased.
- The spices can be increased or decreased too.
- You can select your own topping.
- 1 tsp of instant yeast= 1 and 1/4th tsp of dry yeast= 1/2 block ( 0.6 ounce size) fresh yeast. Use this for yeast ratio when using different types of yeast.
- Baking time varies from oven to oven.