Simple, easy and one of the most common breakfasts throughout India is Poori Kilangu which is also called as Puri Bhaji or Poori Masala in different places.
Every region has it’s own way of making it. The recipe I have shared today is in South Indian style which is made normally at home.
My mom makes it very good and when she makes it, we would end up eating so many pooris that we forget to count. Hot poori’s along with kilangu is the best combination.
The recipe shared here has very less ingredients used and it has a good aroma from green chillies, boiled potato, curry leaves and coriander. It is less spicy too.
This can be served also with roti, flat bread though poori kilangu steals the show.
- Potato- 5 ( medium sized)
- Onion- 1 big ( finely sliced lengthwise)
- Tomato- 1 big (finely chopped)
- Green chilli- 2 ( small)
- Ginger- 1 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Chana dal- 3/4th tbsp
- Urad dal- 1 tsp ( full)
- Curry leaves- 15
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Coriander leaves- handful
- Salt- as needed.
Clean the potatoes well and boil them in pressure cooker till they are cooked completely. Cool them down.
- Adjust the spice as you need. 1 more green chilli can be added if you want it to be more spicy.
- Potatoes can be boiled in open pan too till they are cooked well and the skin can be peeled.