Pottukadalai urundai is an easy, instant sweet which can be prepared within 20 minutes with limited ingredients. I used to call it as porikadalai urundai and it is my favourite from childhood😊
My perimma prepares these ladoos very good. Whenever I travel from India, she used to make these ladoos for me and pack it. My mom used to make it for me when I was small.
If we remember well, we all would have taken some pottukadalai/ gram dal in a bowl, add some sugar, coconut to it and would have eaten it with a spoon when we were small.
In this recipe, I have added sugar to give sweetness to ladoos. Both brown sugar and white sugar can be used. It can be made with jaggery too. I will come with a separate recipe for this. I have added more nuts to it which adds more taste to these ladoos.
Let us check the recipe, how to make this easy, tasty, instant and energetic ladoos now❤
1 cup= 200 ml.
- Pottukadalai/ roasted gram – 1 cup
- Sugar- 1/2 cup ( both white and brown sugar can be used)
- Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Grated coconut- 1/4th cup
- Cashewnut- 2 tbsp
- Almonds- 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- 1/4th tsp.
- Raisins can be used instead of almonds.
- Quantity of sugar can be increased to 3/4th cup if you want it to be more sweet.