Pulao is a one-pot rice made by cooking rice ( especially basmati rice) along with aromatic spices, herbs etc.., There are many variations in making a pulao and this is prawns/shrimp pulao.
Prawns pulao is an aromatic, rich, creamy, simple one-pot rice recipe made by using prawns. Though it is simple to make, it’s taste is no way simple!! This recipe is extremely delicious with rich aroma from spices and the coconut milk used.
I have used medium sized prawns in this recipe. Clean the prawns well before using. Using coconut milk, makes the pulao creamy. It definitely adds much more taste to the pulao. I have used thick coconut milk.
The whole recipe can be prepared in just 30 minutes. Best lunch recipe to be served during parties or for busy mornings.
A much recommended recipe if you are a prawns lover ❤
1 cup= 200 ml.
- Prawns- 250 gms.
- Basmati rice- 300 gms. ( 1 and a half cup)
- Onion- 1, medium sized ( finely chopped)
- Tomato-1 ( finely chopped)
- Green chilli- 1 ( slit lengthwise)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 3/4th tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Red chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Thick coconut milk- 1/2 cup
- Water- 2 and a half cups
- Bay leaves- 2
- Cinnamon stick- 1 inch
- Cloves- 4
- Peppercorns- 4
- Cardamom pods- 2
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp
- Salt- as needed.
Clean the basmati rice well and soak it in water for 20 minutes. Basmati rice works good for this recipe.
- You can substitute oil with ghee if you would prefer.
- Small, medium, big sized prawns can be used.
- Use the same cup used to measure rice to measure coconut milk and water.