Haven’t tried shrimp/prawn omelette🦐🍳yet? This Italian style shrimp/prawn omelette is rich in flavor and texture which will satisfy your tastebuds.
The perfect combination of shrimp/ prawn🦐 along with eggs🥚 give a good texture making it a perfect dish for brunch!! This recipe is inspired from a Salmon Omelette which I had last week Saturday in an Italian restaurant. Seafood goes very well with eggs!! It’s just mouth-watering ❤
My husband loves eggs and any recipe with egg goes well at home. I have followed my recipe Egg Mushroom Omelette to develop this!! This Omelette is a super hit at home and everyone liked it so much.
To explain this recipe- I would just say, try this combination of seafood with eggs if you are not allergic to shrimp/prawns😊 Cheese added enriches the taste of the omelette.
I have used 2 cheese slice in this recipe. If you want, use 1 cheese slice or if you want to skip the cheese, you can. Either white pepper powder or black pepper powder can be used.
This Omelette is easy to prepare with less ingredients and it doesn’t need much effort. Shrimp/prawns need less time to get cooked. It’s all ready in just 15 to 20 minutes.
Let us check the recipe now 🦐🍳❤
- Eggs- 3
- Shrimp/ Prawn – 12 pieces
- Onion- 3/4th cup ( chopped very fine)
- Potato- half of small sized potato ( chopped very fine)
- Garlic salt- 1/2 tsp
- White pepper/ Black pepper powder- 1/4th tsp plus a little
- Oregano- 1/4th tsp plus a little
- Basil- 1/4th tsp plus a little
- Cheese- 2 slices
- Salt- as needed.
If you do not have garlic salt, finely chop garlic clove and use it.
Garlic salt has salt included in it. So adjust the salt accordingly.
Onions and potatoes are to be chopped very fine.
Clean the shrimp/prawn well before using it.
- If you do not want to use potatoes, leave it and increase the quantity of shrimp/ prawns or use any other vegetable of your choice.
- Cheese is optional. If you want to skip it, you can. But it increases the taste to the omelette.
- Either white pepper or black pepper can be used.
- If you do not have garlic salt and using garlic cloves, chop 2 garlic cloves very fine and saute it in oil and butter before sauting onions.