This idea came to me when I was thinking about the next day’s breakfast, the previous night. Every married women’s responsibility!!
I wanted to make sandwich with sweet corn and I wanted to use the spinach which I got from shop, the same day. I normally like to eat cheesy spinach in restaurants. So I combined everything to make a perfect sandwich.
For binding everything, I have used boiled potato with garlic and chilli flakes. This is very easy to make with less ingredients. All it takes is just 30 minutes for the whole preparation.
I have shown both the ways of making it- Grill and on the Pan
This Sweet corn Spinach sandwich is perfect for breakfast and it is a good lunch box recipe. The perfect way to make the kids eat spinach!! Infact, they were worried it was over.
This goes well with green chutney or any sauce of your preference. Try and let me know if you liked it too… I would be happy to hear!!
The below quantity can make 4 sandwiches
For the stuffing:
- Sweet corn- 140 gms
- Spinach- 150 gms ( finely chopped)
- Boiled potato- 1 medium size ( skin should be removed)
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Grated cheese- 50 gms ( I used mozzarella cheese)
- Pepper- 1/4th tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove ( finely chopped)
- Red chilli flakes- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as needed.
For the sandwich:
- Bread slices- 8
- Butter needed for spreading
- Cheese slices or grated cheese.
Boil the potato and remove the skin. I have used pre-cooked sweet corn.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of cheese.
- The quantity of spinach can be increased if you want it to be more but don’t decrease.
- Usage of butter can be increased or limited.
- Any bread of your choice can be used.