Tomato Peanut Chutney is an excellent side dish for dosa, idli from South Indian cuisine.
Tomato chutney is my favourite🍅 There are many ways in making tomato chutney but this one is very close to me. The reason behind is the taste from peanuts.
I have roasted the peanuts separate and added them during grinding. I haven’t removed the skin from peanuts because it is healthy to use them with skin on and you will not find any difference in taste. It increases the flavor though.
I have used onion and garlic in this recipe. You can replace the red chillies with kashmiri red chillies for some more bright red colour. The chutney has bright colour already from tomatoes.
The freshness and tanginess from tomato and the flavor, taste from peanuts makes it an unavoidable, mouth-watering side dish for idli, dosa, lemon rice etc.., Must try recipe❤
- Onion- 1 small ( finely chopped)
- Tomato- 3 big ( chopped)
- Red Chilli- 3
- Peanuts- 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 8
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Salt- as needed.
- Use sesame oil for good taste.
- This goes very well with idli.
- The spice can be increased or decreased by adjusting the quantity of red chillies. This is the right proportion if you want a perfect South Indian recipe.