Highly nutritious and tasty recipe of making kebabs with Red Lentils and Vegetables!!
Red lentils are low in calories but high in iron, fiber and protein. They help to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease. They are known for their properties to stop the cancer cell growth.
I include them in food atleast twice a week . When it comes to making sambhar or dal, I mostly use red lentils . They add a special taste, flavor to the dish we prepare out of them.
About this kebab recipe, it is very nutritious because it gets mixed with many vegetables. This recipe is very good for tea time snacks or even as a snack for kids lunch box. Make it and give them 2 daily in their snack box. They will get the nutrients required.
This tastes good with any kind of sauce. Just go through the step by step process carefully.
1 cup= 200 ml.
24 kebabs can be made with the below list.
- Red Lentils- 1 and a half cup
- Onions- 1 cup ( finely grated)
- Carrot- 1 cup ( finely grated)
- Potato- 1 cup ( finely grated)
- Cabbage- 1 cup ( finely grated)
- Almond and nuts power or paste- 3/4th cup ( if using paste, it should be thick)
- Spinach- 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1 and a half tsp ( powder can be used)
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 and a half tsp ( powder can be used)
- Ginger- 1 and a half inch ( chopped)
- Garlic- 6 cloves
- Chilli powder with coriander powder mix- 1 and a half tsp
- Lemon- 1
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 cup
- Salt- as needed.
Soak red lentils in water for one hour. Drain the water out and set it dry to remove excess water.
Grate all the vegetables. Food processor can be used to grate or a normal grater too can be used.
Grind the almonds or any kind of nuts to a powder or a thick paste.
- Red lentils should be soaked, drained the water out and dried to remove excess water before grinding.
- Vegetables should be sauted to remove excess moisture from it.
- The whole mixture should be grinded without adding water.
- Bread crumbs can be used instead of almonds and nuts powder or paste.