Paniyaram is a traditional South Indian breakfast dish. It is very easy to make and takes very less time in the mornings.
Kuzhi paniyaram is made by using Paniyaram chatti( iron cast or non-stick). This is similar to aebleskiver pan used in Countries such as Denmark .
Kuzhi paniyaram is made with leftover idli batter. This can be made as plain, sweet and spicy too. The vegetables added to it increases the taste and it is also healthy.
Kids will definitely like this kuzhi paniyaram and it can be served with any kind of chutney or even with sauce.
The best combination is tea/coffee, chutney with kuzhi paniyaram.
1 cup = 200 ml.
- Idli batter- 3 cups
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Carrot- 1 (chopped)
- Green peans- 1/4 th cup
- Green chilli- 1 large (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1/2 inch (finely chopped)
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Chana dal- 1 tsp
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Salt- as needed
- Curry leaves- 10 leaves( chopped)
- Coriander leaves- little ( chopped)
- The batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- Any vegetables of your choice can be used.
- Grease the paniyaram chatti with oil before pouring the batter.
Please do not forget to give feedback and like the recipe.