This is my favourite snack. Whenever I go to Thoothukudi( hometown), I used to eat this in evening along with tea. They used to prepare this in the tea shop near to my house.
This is very easy to make with very less ingredients. It doesn’t take much time and it takes very less effort to prepare at home. So when we are abroad or away from hometown, we can make easy and tasty snacks like this to get the feel of hometown.
It is hot, crispy with very nice colour outside and soft and fluffy inside.
It took almost 20 minutes to make this vadai. Meanwhile I could prepare my tea. This vadai goes well with both coffee and tea.
- Onion- 3 big (finely chopped lengthwise)
- Gram flour- 5 tbsp
- Corn flour- 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp (full)
- Asafoedita powder- little
- Curry leaves- 15 (finely chopped)
- Salt- as needed.
- The spice can be increased or decreased by adjusting the quantity of red chilli powder.
- It should be cooked in medium flame because the vadai should be cooked inside too.