I love paniyarams❤ and this banana paniyaram is my all-time, anytime favourite!!
If I have ripened bananas at home, I make paniyarams out of it for evening snack time. I could remember my Grandmother adding banana to the paniyaram and it would melt in the mouth. From that time, I like paniyarams with banana.
As Iam a health freak, I always use wheat flour for making paniyaram. I will come back with a rice flour paniyaram recipe soon.
Regarding this recipe, I have powdered the nuts and added. If you want to skip it, you can. And I have used desiccated coconut. If using the fresh one’s, roast it in ghee before using.
I have also added baking powder to this recipe. It helps to make the paniyarams slightly lighter or it might turn out to be bit dense.
This is the best snack for the whole family that can be made in very less time with less effort and tastes good which melts in your mouth. Try it out!!
- Ripened bananas- 2
- Wheat flour- 2 cups
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup ( powdered)
- Powdered nuts- 1/4 th cup
- Coconut- 1/4th cup
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- pinch
- Cardamom powder- 1/4th tsp.
Powder the jaggery or grate it or make it like a paste or make the jaggery syrup by adding hot water to it.
- Use only ripened bananas as it gives natural sweetness to the paniyarams.
- Nuts powder is optional.
- The consistency for kuzhipaniyaram batter is semi thick like dosa batter. Add required water to bring it to this consistency.
- If you do not have kuzhipaniyaram chatti, heat oil in a pan or kadai. Scoop 1tbsp of batter each time and fry in medium flame.