Stuffed with dates and baked in wheat flour, this is the easiest, healthiest cakes you would have baked so far!! It is one of the moist cakes you would have ever eaten❤
My perimma ( my dad’s sister in law) bakes dates cake very well. When we were small, we used to stay at her place for school holidays. She bakes this cake for us and it would be very yummy. Still I couldn’t forget the taste of it!! This is her recipe.
She bakes it with all-purpose flour but I wanted to try it out with wheat flour. So I have added 1 and a half cup of hot water to soak dates. If you want to bake it with all-purpose flour, use 1 cup of hot water.
Use fresh dates for this recipe. Do not go for hard dates. Soft one’s are good. Use seedless dates and if you have dates with seeds, remove the seeds before using.
The sweetness to this cake comes from dates as it is a natural sweetener. So I have used three-fourth cup of sugar. If you would prefer it to be more sweet, add 1 cup of sugar.
The main purpose of adding baking soda is to raise the wet, heavy batter rise.
This is the best cake to have for the evening tea time or at any part of the day❤
- Seedless dates- 1 cup
- Wheat Flour- 2 cups
- Hot water- 1 and a half cup
- Butter- 1/2 cup ( melted)
- Sugar- 3/4th cup
- Egg- 1
- Essence- 1 tsp ( any flavor can be used)
- Baking soda- 1 and a half tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp.
- Chopped dates and nuts can be added to the batter before placing it in oven for rich taste and crunchiness. I will come with a separate recipe for it.
- Please go through all the explanations carefully.
- The time for baking varies from oven to oven.