As you all know I love baking with wheat flour, here comes my wheat flour cookies made out of butter and honey. It is a healthy version as we are avoiding sugar too!!
These cookies are soft, chewy and the aroma which comes when baking from the honey used makes this recipe irresistible that you will end up baking it again and again!!
The preparation of these cookies is quite easy and it doesn’t require complicated steps. But the waiting time is 2 hours as you need to refrigerate dough for 2 hours before baking.
Egg should be in room temperature. When it comes to butter, we are using softened butter. Softened butter means not melting it. Leave it outside refrigerator one hour before baking. When you press the butter down using the finger, the butter should go down leaving a mark of your finger on it.
I have used raw honey, the purest form of it. You can use any type of honey you get but the raw form of honey is good and the aroma from it when baking is excellent!!
Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes for soft cookies and if you bake it for 2 minutes longer, you will end up with slightly crispier cookies. Cool down the cookies well before storing it in an airtight container. These cookies are soft even after baking and it gets firm as it gets cooled down.
Perfect for teatime and as a snack which is healthy at the same time!! Let us check the recipe now❤
- Wheat flour- 1 cup
- Egg- 1
- Honey- 3/4th cup
- Softened butter- 1 cup
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 1/4th tsp
- Salt- 1/4th tsp.
Both electric beater and hand whisk can be used. I used hand whisk this time.
Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can make these cookies using all-purpose flour too.
- Storing it in refrigerator for 2 hours is a must.
- You can shape the cookies as you need. I like the improper look. So I didn’t focus much on shaping them.
- If you are using salted butter, skip the salt.
- The baking time varies from oven to oven. So keep an eye on the cookies.
- The cookies are done when the corners are done and the surface turns golden. Cool down the cookies completely for it to turn firm. Then store it in an airtight container.
- Go through all the explanations from the beginning.
- Keep one baking tray at a time for baking. I normally keep it in the top rack.