Healthy, delicious, quick way to make your breakfast or dinner easier is this Sweet Potato Upma. Sounds interesting right!!
The idea to this recipe was given by my husband. He likes sweet potato and we used to try many recipes using it like roasted sweet potato, sweet potato streusel, sweet potato halwa etc..,
He gave me the idea and I followed it and developed it as a recipe. We had this for lunch one day after we came back from walk and had to cook something quick as it was already 13:00 pm. We liked it a lot and I kept on eating it 😂😂 It was so tasty😋😋
After that, I found there is a dish like this and it is very famous in Maharashtra which is served as a snack or a meal for religious fasts. So this is the flashback behind this dish😊
Sweet potatoes are very healthy and they are considered as “superfoods”. They are loaded with beta carotene, which functions as a potent antioxidant and a rich source of vitamin A.
There are different varieties of sweet potatoes and purple color sweet potatoes are one among them. According to a study it is found that purple-colored sweet potatoes have the highest antioxidants and soluble dietary fiber. You can always make this recipe with any color of sweet potato.
Finding ways to include these superfoods in our diet in a tasty way is very essential to make everyone eat. This is one such recipe!! It tastes so good when served with grated coconut and sugar.
Let us check the recipe now❤
- Sweet Potato- 1 large
- Onion- 1 small ( finely chopped)
- Green chilli- 1 or 2 ( finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1/2 inch ( finely chopped)
- Peanuts- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 7 to 8 ( chopped)
- Mustard seeds- 1/4th tsp
- Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal- 1 tsp
- Asafoedita powder- 1/4th tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
- Using ghee enriches the taste though oil too can be used.
- If you like peanuts more, you can always use 1 tbsp more.
- Sweet potatoes can be boiled first and can be added. In that case, do not boil it till it is very soft and mushy. Peel the skin and add it.